Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Welcome

Yes, it's crazy.  I live in one of the few places in the U.S. where you don't actually need a car. Want to get something to eat? Walk a block. Commute to work? Hop on the subway.  Go upstate for the weekend? Rent a car.   And yet I've gone and done it. After a bit of inspiration from this article and some encouragement from my ever-suffering wife, I ordered brand-new BMW 335i coupe through BMW's European Delivery program (more details to follow in later posts!).

Ever since I was 4  and demanded to go with my father to pick up the new family car (A Volvo 144) I've been a car nut. From spending my allowance on car magazines to being the de-facto automotive expert for family and friends,  it's been a life-long passion.  But living and working in Manhattan provides few opportunities to indulge in this hobby of mine. Sure, I can ogle all manner of exotica on a daily basis, but actually having my own car to wash, wax, drive on weekends has been a craving of mine for quite some time now.

So by creating this blog, I hope to connect with other car-crazy people in the New York area and share my experiences owning a car in the big city...

No comments:

Post a Comment